Monday, August 22, 2011

14 Days in the Land of Enchantment - Day 14

Day 14 – Re-entry

This is Houston Command Central calling, you’re cleared for re-entry.

As much as I’d like to orbit once more, it was time to splash down, back in my other world. Not even my vitamin wanted to risk the meteor showers of its outer atmosphere. I had to pry it loose from the last day’s space in my pills-for-a-week container.

The re-entry began yesterday with one last ride on the Bosque trail. The mountains and the million-dollar homes are in shadow now, obscured by the brilliant rising sun. Even the coyote has decided to seek greener pastures.

I passed an older man on the trail. His graying hair was showing beneath his ball cap. Oddly, it was just like the one I keep in world Albuquerque. We nodded with familiarity to each other as we passed – him coming and me going, at least for now.

And so I tuck in my southwest planet for it’s midsummer nap. We close the condo door and leave it in the hands of Wings Soaring until we return.

Tomorrow, it’s shaving off my vacation beard. It’s back to the spinning plates. I’ll collect those that have fallen and send them back in orbit again. But it’s also reconnecting with old friends.

But this time, I’m taking the samples from my parallel planet along with me on re-entry. I hope to take the days, the hours, the moments from my 14 days in the land of enchantment.

No comments:

Post a Comment